Friday, May 1, 2009

Will Obama think my bankruptcy is good?

Dear Mister White House!

Why do you never respond? I am beginning to think you only listen to lobbyists and big corporations...

I also find it troubling that Obama says it is good when a mega corporation files for bankruptcy and fires employees but when an individual files for bankruptcy it is evil and horrible. So we bailed out the banks with our money; then the banks raise credit card rates and punish us and they do not give loans out... does this logic seem strange to anyone else?

Well, I have credit card debt. Following Obama's logic, filling for bankruptcy would ensure my continued success, allow me to restructure and I wonder will I be able to get loans for a house or even keep my job? Will the banks view my situation in the same light as Chrysler?


Chrysler Files for Bankruptcy Protection
The auto giant Chrysler has filed for federal bankruptcy protection under a government-brokered deal. Chrysler hopes to form a new company that would be owned by the US government, the Italian auto giant Fiat, and the company’s workers. On Thursday, President Obama said the bankruptcy filing would ensure Chrysler’s continued operation.

President Obama: “No one should be confused about what a bankruptcy process means. This is not a sign of weakness, but rather one more step on a clearly charted path to Chrysler’s revival. Because of the fact that the UAW and many of the banks, the biggest stakeholders in this whole process, have already aligned, have already agreed, this process will be quick.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep it coming Aswah. I know how you feel.